What to Ask Your Surgeon
Having an open and comfortable relationship with your surgeon is essential and will help in achieving the best results for you. By openly communicating with your surgeon you can work together to achieve realistic goals.
An understanding of your goals, expectations and motivation is essential in forging a successful relationship between you and your surgeon, helping both of you to determine which cosmetic treatments are the right choice for you.
Here are some of the questions we feel are important to ask when you go into your consultation with your surgeon:
- How many years of surgical training have you had?
- Which hospitals do you operate out of?
- How many procedures of this type have you performed?
- Am I a good candidate for this procedure?
- Where and how will you perform my procedure?
- Which products will be used during my procedure?
- Why do you choose to use these particular products and what are their benefits?
- How long of a recovery period can I expect, and what kind of help will I need during my recovery?
- What are the risks and complications associated with my procedure?
- How are complications handled?
- What are my options if I am dissatisfied with the outcome of my surgery?
- Do you have before-and-after photos I can look at for each procedure and what results are reasonable for me?