Believing is Achieving
Scars are the natural result of the body’s healing process. The problem is that they can often become raised, thick, discoloured, itchy and painful.
About Scar Treatment
The revolutionary CEREDERM Silicone Sheeting & Gel has been used by thousands of medical professionals and their patients around the world to treat scars and helps to lessen the appearance of old scars as well as preventing the formation of new ones.
What is CEREDERM?
CEREDERM’s proven silicone technology simulates the natural barrier function of healthy skin, hydrating scar tissue to soften the scar, shrinking, flattening and fading it.
CEREDERM aids in treating and preventing abnormal scar formation and is available in various shaped sheets as well as liquid gel to suit your particular needs.
CEREDERM Is . . .
- Fine and Transparent – For optimum discretion.
- Painless and comfortable – Can be worn 24 hours a day.
- Flexible – It fits to the shape of your body.
- Self-adhesive – It is not necessary to apply extra support or tape.
- Effective – It is used on its own without cream.
- Washable – The same dressing can be used for 2 to 3 days
- Easy to cut – It can be adapted to the size of the scar.
The TGA Registered Medical Grade CEREDERM Silicone is effective on:
- Hypertrophic scars (red coloured)
- Keloid scars (raised and fibrous, firm and thick),
- Old or new scars
CEREDERM Sheeting or Gel?
CEREDERM Silicone Sheeting
CEREDERM Sheets are available in a variety of sizes to fit certain areas of the face or body.
The specific CEREDERM shapes (anchor and round) are particularly designed for patients having breast enlargement, reduction or reconstruction.
CEREDERM Silicone Gel
The CEREDERM Silicone Gel is able to be used for the treatment of scars on exposed areas or difficult to access areas such as the face, head, neck, arms, hands, feet and chest or scars located in flexion zones (elbows, knees) and hairy areas of the body such as the scalp.
How to Use CEREDERM
Optimal Treatment Period
The dressing must be worn daily over a treatment period of minimum 8 – 12 weeks.
Results are generally visible after two months of use. The scar is more flexible, smoother and softer.
CEREDERM Instructions For Use
- Wash and dry the scar.
- Take the dressing out of its packaging, cut it if necessary.
- Remove the protective film from the dressing.
- Position the dressing with the adhesive side on the scar.
- The CEREDERM sheeting or gel must cover the scar by more than a centimetre
- Remove the dressing and wash the scar and the dressing with a neutral soap.
- Reapply the dressing to the dry skin and scar.
- Don’t wear the same dressing for more than 5 days.
- Replace the dressing when it starts to lose its adhesive qualities.
- Must not be used by another person (personal use).
- In the event of a skin reaction, stop the treatment and consult your doctor.